In light of the new submissions uploading process, Adina Grossman, head of our Legal Submissions Department, has created this short tutorial demonstrating how to upload your submissions and referee templates.
Step 1:Make sure you have your correct log-in information.
You should have received an email from [email protected] (the username will be a variation of the firm’s name, the password is ~24 characters long). If you do not have this information, you should immediately email [email protected]/or [email protected] assistance.
Step 2:Log in to the Legal 500 submissions system.
Go to https://submissions.legal500.com/wp-login.phpand enter your username and password.
Step 3:Upload a submission.
- Click the “Import from MS word”button at the top of the page, beneath the Legal 500 logo.
- This takes you to a page entitled “Import from Word Template,”where you will click on the “Choose File”
- A window will open allowing you to select the word document for submission, following which you will be taken back to the “Import from Word Template”
- Click the green “Upload” Do not be alarmed –the upload can take 1-3 minutes.
- Once the document has been successfully uploaded, you will automatically be taken to the “Edit Submission”page, where you can edit the sections of your submission. A few things to note from our experience:
- there tend to be glitches in the spacing between words. Incorrect spacing can cause issues with the confidentiality tags.
- There can be errors in the BPA selection (practice area- the second field in the form)
- Confidential information that has been correctly tagged with the brackets will appear red in this form –make sure to double check that! If your confidential information does not appear in red, you can simply highlight the information and then click on the ‘crossed our eye’
At any point you can click the “Save Draft”button at the top right to save your progress.If there are upload issues with your document that prevent upload, they will be pointed out to you so that you may fix them.
Step 4:Upload referees.
- When on the “Edit Submission”page, scroll all the way down to the bottom, to the “Supporting Documents”section, where you will see it says “Referee Spreadsheet,”underneath which is an “Add File”button –
- This opens a window where you will click on the “Upload Files”tab, directly under the words “Select File”.
- Click the “Select Files”
- Select your referee spreadsheet and click “Open”
- This takes you back to the “Select File”page, where you will click on the green “Select”button at the bottom right of the page.
- You will be back at the “Supporting Documents” If your referees where properly selected, you will now see your spreadsheet name and size under where it says “Referees Spreadsheet.” Now you can click on the “Save Draft”button on the top right of the screen. Do not be alarmed –the upload can take 1-3 minutes. If there are upload issues with your document that prevent upload, they will be pointed out to you so that you may fix them.
Step 5:Submission review.
It is important to review each form prior to submission. Once submitted, you will not be able to make any changes to your form. Therefore, we recommend that you click on the “Preview”button at the top right of the “Edit Submission”page. This will open a new tab with a preview of the form. We recommend that you print that for review and final approval.
Once you are satisfied with your forms, you click the green “Publish”button on the top right of the “Edit Submission”page. Once submitted, you will not be able to make any changes to your form. If you need to make any amendments to a submitted form, you may e-mail [email protected].